Friday, March 27, 2009

Something the Karate Kid Didn't Teach Us

As mentioned a few blogs back, Aidan started karate with Grandad. Since then, we have all started karate: Brad, Breanna, Me, AND Aidan and Grandad. It has been a blast! A fun family activity that is a great workout at the same time...who could ask for more? So it has been a couple months now. We are learning new skills and we are all yellow belts at this point. Very cool. Now we are beginning to spar. Basically, that means we are learning to fight. Honestly, it is a lot of fun. Last week, I got to spar against Brad. This is where I get to the part about what the Karate Kid DIDN'T teach us about karate. Apparently, it is very important for guys to wear a cup when participating in karate--even during regular class. So as much as I do honestly love my hubby (...you can see where I'm going with this...) I ACCIDENTALLY kicked him where his cup should have been. Oops! He was a good sport about it. He didn't cry in front of the whole class...even when his incredibly insensitive wife was laughing. So in this public forum, I wanted to apologize to my hubby ONE MORE TIME so that he knows I really mean it. I am sorry Brad for kicking you there. By the way, he did make a full recovery.

No comments: