Sunday, June 14, 2009

Finger Wrapping

I often kid about Breanna having her Daddy wrapped around her little finger. I don't often get such a clear example of it, however. This last Friday we had a little check up for Breanna. Usually, at the end of said appointment, she gets a new toothbrush. Great. Not a problem. Wonderful, in fact. THIS time she got stickers...princess stickers that she picked out, to be exact. As we proceed to the car at the end of our appointment, she asked about the apparently forgotten toothbrush. I pointed out that she got stickers instead and that we would get a toothbrush at the next appointment to which she promptly responded with a yelling temper tantrum and refused to be buckled into her seat. We don't move until kids are buckled, so I patiently waited for a minute or two. When the tantrum appeared to not subside at all, I ever so kindly smooshed her into her booster seat, buckled her in, and went on down the road. It was so much fun to listen to her scream at the top of her lungs all the way home about a toothbrush. This is the part where the daddiness comes in. I told her along the way that she would get a spanking when we got home for her poor choice in attitude. She did not agree with the prescribed antidote to her behavior, so she decided to not hold still. I then picked her up and carried her to Daddy to administer the alleged injustice. Seriously, Daddy tapped her on the rear end with the spoon. I just glared at him. Daddy is supposed to back me up. He usually does a good job, but oh my goodness... that little, blond girl has him completely wrapped around her little finger. He just smiled and we all walked away...

"The offending angel"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I guess if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.

These men and their little girls. What softies!