Friday, May 29, 2009

Just Lick It

I was wrestling and tickling Breanna on the couch. I love to tickle her tummy. She gets so giggly! In the process, her little toe nail scratched my leg a little bit. It was not a major gash by any means, just a tiny little surface scratch--you know the kind that just leaves a little white mark on the surface. My first response was just a quick, "Ouch." Nothing major. Breanna was prompt to rescue me.
"Just lick it, Mom." I wasn't sure what she was talking about, so I inquired.
"What are you talking about, B?"
"You know, Mom. Where my toe scratched you, it left a white mark on your leg. All you need to do to make it go away is lick it," and then she proceeded to demonstrate by licking her finger and wiping it on my leg. Yum. She then again explained that the lick it technique does not work on red scratches...just the white ones. It's like magic. Who knew?

No comments: