Saturday, July 11, 2009

Washing in the River

By the title, you might just think that is blog will be about some wonderfully moving, deep spiritual experience. Sorry to disappoint this time. This is literal washing, of the poopy sort. This story begins on July 3rd. We were having a nice evening at Beaver Creek. It is not often that water actually flows through Beaver Creek, let alone enough to float on it. It has been about 3 years since there was really water in it. Most of the family was there; my parents, my brother & his family, our family friend, and us. I am standing on the side of the river just enjoying watching everyone wade in the water. The kids are floating on the tubes. There's laughing and splashing and giggling. Great fun! Great memories! Then I am distracted from my little dream world when my husband calls me over to get Breanna. Why can't he just bring her to me? The water's cold, I'm thinking. Never the less, I am the mommy, so I go to her. That's when he tells me. She has poop in her pants. Apparently, she had a wet fart. He was playing with her. Why do I get to clean it? Because I'm the mommy, that's why. I think it's the comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, that talks about as little kids we pretend to not see the dog vomit on the floor, so that Mommy can clean it up. This was one of those situations...even though my husband knew it was there. Hmmm...Anyway, I wade my little frozen feet to my little sweetness. I take her hand and we walk over to the other side of the river so that we are not upstream from everyone else. Down go the britches. Down goes the bum into the water. I don't carry a roll of toilet paper in my pocket, and, let's face it, even if I did it would just get those funky little roll-up fuzzies all over her hindparts anyway. So we washed in the river. If we are continuing on this honesty streak, the animals do it, too. You can't tell me that Bambi doesn't have the occasional bowel movement whilst prancing his happy hopping feet across the creek. So next time any of you that get your water down stream from Beaver Creek take a drink, feel reassured that the washing in the river took place several months ago. You have already drinken Breanna's little particles and moved them on through. Happy drinking!

No comments: