Monday, September 7, 2009

A Day I Thought Would NEVER Come

And by never, I mean absolutely, never in a million years did I think MY husband would ask me if we could have a cat. This is the man who used to sick his dog on the cat every chance he got when he was growing up. But he has a soft heart. This morning, while washing his hands in the bathroom he heard a hiss, meow, woof! He then proceeded to the back door to call for Gomer. Gomer didn't come--which is very unlike him. Brad headed out to find out what Gomer was up to. There was one seriously peeved kitten hiding in a corner in our back yard. Not only that one, but there was another sitting on a log 5 feet away. I was then woken up from my sweet slumber (where I was dreaming that I was driving KIT from Knight Rider--it was very cool, by the way). Needless to say, the kitten was still peeved when I got out there. I blocked him one way while Brad grabbed him with gloves. We put him in a kennel and went back for the other one. Now I have 2 kittens in my dining room. This is where I get to the unexpected part. My husband (yes, Brad!) asked if we could keep them! Not in so many words, but I believe the exact phrasing was something like, "What do we tell the kids when they ask?" Ask what? I couldn't believe it. We'll see how it goes. One of the kitties does not look very healthy. If this/these cat(s) stay, there are rules. I will not do a litter box. They must be neutered. Hopefully, Gomer won't eat them. We'll see...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hmmm...good luck with that. I've never trusted cats. ;)

Old softy, Brad...what will he think of next!