Thursday, May 29, 2008

Little Victories

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but sleeping is highly overrated. If you've ever been a parent, you know that each child is different--completely different. Aidan was a super sleeper from the time he was pretty young. As long as we are near to him, he sleeps great. (His favorite place to sleep is on the floor next to Daddy's side of the bed). In fact, that was part of the problem we had with potty training him. He slept so well, that he wasn't waking in the night to go potty. We have since conquered that problem. Breanna, on the other hand, until 2 nights ago has been waking up what feels like 5,000 times each night to nurse. (Yes, my 3 year old still nurses.) Night before last, my beautiful little angel was so tired, apparently, that she slept until 6:30 a.m. Yeah! However, since her pattern is to wake up so much, Mommy woke up several times and had to go check on her. She was fine, of course. So much for a good night's sleep. Last night she again slept most of the night. It was 3:30 a.m. before she came into our room. Yeah! Again, Mommy woke up several times. My prayer is that this is the beginning of her *finally* sleeping through the night. She's 3 now, by the way. Honestly, I've been praying for her to sleep through the night for a long time. Just more proof that God answers prayers in HIS time. With all the other craziness that has been going on in our lives the past few months, one would think we would learn to trust God in the little things, too. Let go, Jennille. That's what God is telling me. I'm learning to listen. Learning doesn't happen overnight. I am thankful for little victories. Right now, she is working toward that ever elusive sleepover at the grandparents' house. You are on your way, little pumpkin!




No comments: