Friday, May 30, 2008

Great Mysteries

Have you ever read that Berenstein Bears book about the galloping, greedy gimmies? We need to read it more often at our house. We went grocery shopping this morning (because it was payday--and that is a super big deal at our house if you know anything about our life these last 6 months or so). It seems like every aisle was, "I want this or that or everything." I love my kiddos, but that gets old really quickly. While we were at the store, Aidan asked if there was a bathroom there. What I silly question because it seems like he has used it about 500 times. Anyway, that's not really my gripe. He did actually go potty before we left the house. My challenge is this. How on earth do you make those silly automatic flushers flush? Aidan did his thing and then it wouldn't flush. I waved my hand in front of the little sensor box. I pretended to sit down and stand up. I put my foot on the seat and applied pressure. No flush. So if you were that nice looking lady that walked in the bathroom behind us, sorry. I tried everything I could think of. It still hadn't flushed by the time we washed our hands. I don't know. It's one of life's great mysteries.

Anybody reading this must think that life at our house is lived in the bathroom. We should probably get out more often. I do have to tell you about the picture that Aidan drew for me yesterday. He is quite the little artist. He LOVES to draw pictures. The picture he drew yesterday was mommy in the shower. Mommy is standing in the shower smiling. Fortunately, the only way you can tell that I am naked is because you can see my belly button. The faucet is in color, so I know which is hot and which is cold, but the rest is in pencil. At the top of the page it says, "Aidan (heart) Mom." It really is sweet. I need to find a better way to store his pictures. He is just getting so creative with them. Any suggestions that don't involve taking up tons of space would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The greater mystery is, when did we get so lazy that we are unable to even flush a toilet? Don't give me that, "It's more sanitary" argument either. I have been flushing public toilets with my feet, like any good health conscious person, for most of my life. Germs in public bathrooms ain't got nothin' on me!

Miss Jen said...

Ok Jennille I laughed out loud at the image of you sitting on the toilet and then getting up with a look of "ok toilet Gods did that pay your toll, now flush!" I laugh because I have been in that situation I am always afraid there is a hidden camera somewhere recording my trials. :(