Monday, June 2, 2008

Growing

Why do babies have to grow up? I know, in my mind, they HAVE to, but I just don't feel ready sometimes--yet, at the same exact time, I am so excited for it. I'm sure this is the quandry of mothers since the beginning of time. Breanna has decided that she likes going to the "big kid" Sunday school class. I'm sure part of her excitement is that she gets to go with Bubba (aka Aidan), but she doesn't fuss and just runs on in. Yeah! Now can I have a tissue to blot my eyes? She's my BABY for crying out loud! I think we got this sleep thing figured out for the most part, too. Pretty soon, she's not going to want to nurse it all--even though I was convinced that she was on the 18 year nursing plan. So I am sure that part of this is my current guilt over not feeling like the best mother in the world (see Amanda's blog from yesterday--she completely nailed that one on the head, so no need for me to reiterate). I know I'm not perfect. I just feel like there have been more raised voices lately than needs to be. With the Lord's help, I'm working on that one. Honestly, I need to take my own advice. So okay, Jennille, here goes. Children are NOT little adults. They honestly don't understand everything you ask of them. Children are NOT little robots. They don't unquestioningly obey. Children ARE little computers--what goes in must come out. So I can't be surprised if they yell at each other if I yell at them what seems like all day long. Children do have a different and individual personality of their own, so as much as they may look like Daddy and have similar traits, they are different and unique. That's all for today's rant. It's time to go eat pancakes.

No comments: