Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New favorites

I didn't blog yesterday. I have really enjoyed this thinking outloud-on paper thing. The reason I missed yesterday was because I have a new favorite book. I had to finish it. Brad was laughing at me. It's not very often you find a book that you just can't put down. You become engrossed in the characters. They almost seem like real people in your mind. So what is this new favorite book, you ask? Some of you know because you suggested it to me and even loaned me a copy. The book is "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. It was just beautiful. To summarize, and yet not give away too much, it was basically the story of the Old Testament prophet Hosea and his wife, Gomer, who was a prostitute. I don't know about you, but that story was not one that I recall hearing or reading as a small child going to Sunday school. God tells Hosea to marry this prostitute. This story is actually set in the 1850's in California. It's is just beautiful. It is about what God has in mind for marriage and love and...so much more. I just don't want to say too much. To be desired like that... To be hurt like that... God is good. It's not just smooshy stuff. Men can read it too. I know I'm talking about a book and this is not necessarily a book review blog, but I just loved it. Enough already. I'll sign off for now. Now you go read it.

No comments: