Tuesday, June 3, 2008

T-ball Wisdom

Last night was Aidan's first t-ball scrimmage. Oh my gosh, was is ever cute! As far as I could tell, they all ran the right direction around the bases--though, some with more gusto than others. My favorite was when there were 3 or 4 kids on one base, and they didn't want to leave. Then there was the sit down and chat Sam, which if you know Sam at all you would not be surprised by that one. He is a very social kid. Aidan is really into team work. He had hit the ball and was now on second. The next batter hit and it came right to Aidan. So what does my little team-player do? He bends over and picks it up and throws it to the "pitcher." THEN he continued his run to 3rd and home. lol! Seriously, though. What if in life, we all took the time to go out of our way and help someone? Wouldn't this be a nicer world? I guess that's one reason we live in a small town. People do help each other out, for the most part. For example, we have some friends that are having some serious marriage trouble. I know statistically speaking it was bound to happen to some of our friends sooner or later, but I just didn't realize how much I would hurt for them, personally. Anyway, Brad has been talking to the man about ways to help and what not. I've been trying to talk to the woman because she's my friend. I thought she was avoiding me. However, I ran into her at church and asked her why should would be doing that. She told me that her husband needed friends, too. I pointed out to her that we could be friends with both of them, though maybe not simultaneously. Silly girl. I love both my kids, don't I? Even when they are fighting with each other. My heart just aches for them both. I know that I can't fix everything and everyone--in my mind, I know that. I just have this tendancy to try. We have to try, right? Maybe not fix, but at least help. That's what being and having friends is for.

No comments: