Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cleaning with Joy

Yesterday morning Breanna did not want to wash her hands after she went to the bathroom. Eeeww! I finally convinced her that she needed to do so because it is just gross not to. She decided to wash her hands in the kitchen. Good. There is soap there. There is water there. There is a towel there. Good. In the process of washing her hands, she managed to spill a big glob of soap on the counter. It happens. She's 3. I then instructed her to get the dishcloth wet, squeeze it out, then wipe up the spilled soap. Again, we are good. She is learning to clean up after herself. I then went into the living room because I don't need to supervise this whole thing (see untying the apron strings from a while back). Next thing I know, I am sitting on the couch talking to Brad and we hear Breanna singing in the kitchen.
"Cleaning the counters...cleaning the counters...cleaning the counters..." Think big singing here, not just a little tune. She was really getting into it. It was so cute! She was truly enjoying cleaning the counters! Then she came out of the kitchen and proudly announced that she had cleaned all of the counters. What a great example of how I should be doing my daily tasks. I thought I was the mommy who was supposed to be doing the teaching here. So much for that idea.

No comments: