Saturday, November 29, 2008

Never Say Never

As so many things in life change around us, there was one thing my sweet husband clung to...he would NEVER own a minivan. Life is often beyond our control. Sometimes we just need to submit to God's will and run with it. Does that really include a minivan? It seems to in our life. Sorry, honey. You see, we sold our truck that I was whining about a couple months ago. We have been driving our truck. I got over the whole ego thing. I drove the old truck. I even got a little self-righteous about it. (Was your shiny new vehicle completely paid for?) So just to keep me humble, God provided a minivan for us at a price we could afford. It's reliable. It's been taken care of. We can all safely fit in it, plus friends. I was a little sad about selling the truck. We have had it for 13 years. That is even longer than we have been married. Bye, Bessie. (That was her name.) I was glad to sell her to a cute teenage girl. It's her 1st car. She was super excited. She paid cash. Somehow our driveway seems a little empty. We are down to our minivan and Brad's work van now. It's all good. Never say never.

No comments: