Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Big 6

I can't believe it. Seriously. Aidan is 6 years old. That makes me over 30 now. (What's a girl to do?) He turned 6 last Thursday. I'm a little slow on the blogging, but I'm here now, aren't I? He was so cute with all his mixed up emotions. He was so excited because it was his birthday. Yeah! Birthdays mean presents. He was totally bummed because Daddy was out of town for work training. (Daddy was really bummed, too, by the way, but he did get to be here for the party.) Even his teacher could tell that he was really bummed. Poor kiddo. He made it through, though. We went for "special" ice cream (aka Coldstone Creamery!!!) before we ate dinner. Now that is a birthday treat if I have ever heard of one. Now he has told me (a couple of time now) that he is scared to be a grown up. I told him that it's okay to enjoy being a kid because being a kid is just so much fun! Now it is back to reality. School and playing with the new toys. He is waiting for one more gift, though. For his birthday, several of his friends chose to pitch in for his new big kid bike. He looks gigantic on his "old" one! Daddy is gone this week again, so we he gets back we will go pick out his new bike. Fun, fun, fun! Thank you to all of you that helped out with that. He is really looking forward to it!

No comments: