Thursday, August 7, 2008

Deafening Silence

My little baby is so quickly growing up. No, she hasn't weaned herself completely from nursing. Not yet, anyway. However, she did have her first sleep over with Grandma and Grandpa last night. Aidan was gone camping with Granddad. I couldn't believe the quiet in my house. Even though they don't normally make a lot of sound while they are sleeping, it just sounded extra quiet last night--and this morning. After Brad left for work this morning, I didn't know what to do with myself. I made myself oatmeal (and made way too much because normally I would have shared it with the hovering vultures that get up before me and make their own cereal but are somehow STARVING when I get up half hour later), and actually got to sit down and eat it. What a concept! It was even hot! I am super proud of Breanna. I think we finally (for real this time) got this sleeping thing under control. For the last 3 weeks or so, Breanna has been sleeping through the night. One night in that time span she got up and came to our bed earlier (about 3:30 a.m.), but she hasn't been coming into our bed until 5:30 or 6:00 a.m.!!! That's huge for her! Yippee! I am so not complaining about that one. I am finally starting to get sleep, too. I told Brad that I've started dreaming again. I don't think I've had any dreams for the last 3 years, until lately. I still don't feel completely rested, but it's getting better. We'll get there...one night at a time.

In other news, Aidan is recovering from a black eye--not his first, but the first in quite a while. He is, after all, all boy. He actually didn't do it to himself this time. My sweet little angel girl clocked her big brother up side the head with a sippy cup a few days ago. That will teach him to push her too far. It's in the pretty green stage right now. Aidan is excited because he thinks he is turning into the hulk. Whatever gets you through it, Buddy.;) Kids are great!

1 comment:

Miss Jen said...

Isn't it funny how we beg for a few minutes of silence and then we get it and it almost hurts. It's nice though to have a few minutes just to remind us.