Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Drama Queen

It has been brought to my attention (OKAY, several times) that I have a slight tendency to exaggerate. So it comes as no surprise that I might have pushed the envelope a little bit when I was describing our "old" truck that we are driving around right now. My friend pointed out to me that by my description on my previous blog that she thought I was driving around some hideously old (think: circa 1950's), rusted out, barely running, antique of a truck. It's truly not that bad. It was just my ego that felt like the aforementioned beater truck, I guess. At this point, if my digital camera was working, I would insert a picture to show the world that it isn't so bad, but since my camera isn't working, you'll have to settle for my lackluster verbal description. Yes, it is old, but only 17 years old. Honestly, there are still a lot of people driving the same style trucks around. In fact, our truck has a "twinkie" that lives just a block over. Yes, it has a little bit of oxidation going on in the paint. Again, if I got out there with a bottle of good wax and a buffer (which we do have one), it would probably look a little shinier. I guess I'm not as vain as I thought...:P Right? It does run okay. It's just not the quietest ride ever. I find myself constantly asking the kids to speak up so I can hear them over the engine--and they are sitting right behind me. Oh well. We'll adapt. We are learning about budgeting, but soon we will have saved up money to go buy a new(er) car AND pay cash for it. That will be an amazing day. I am so looking forward to it. So in the words of the fabulous disciple Paul (in Philippians), "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." That's what I'm working on.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You guys are amazing! I'm so thankful that we get to walk through this with you and learn together. What a great example you are of faithful stewards!