Wednesday, January 28, 2009

3 weeks and counting

It has officially been 3 weeks since Breanna quit nursing. It only took 2 of those weeks for her to quit asking for it. I'm really proud of her. And she only cried to sleep in my arms 2 times. That was terrible. I just kept trying to not think, "All she wants is to nurse just a little bit. I could nurse her for just 2 seconds..." It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Seriously. She's my baby. She does keep telling me that she loves the nini's, though. And she does still come snuggle next to them and say, "My nini's." I don't tell her that Daddy is glad to claim them as his now...Once upon a time, they were mine. Another cute thing Breanna has been doing that I just now realized has been happening since she weaned is that she keeps telling me she loves me--about 50 times a day...literally. I might be downstairs and I will hear a little voice holler down, "I love you, Mommy!" I might be going to the bathroom (with the door closed for 10 seconds of privacy) and I hear, "I love you, Mommy!" through the crack underneath the door. It's all the time. I have to admit that it is just precious and I really do enjoy it. It's just funny. I guess all those billions of times when she was nursing, and she would look up into my eyes and smile that milky grin at me, it was her way of saying just that, "I love you, Mommy!" She is such a big girl now. In just a few short months she'll be 4-years-old. She is so into girly things now, too. This girl LOVES nail polish. The paints hers every day and mine at least once a week and the grandma's as much as possible, too. Now it is time again to get re-fitted for bras, but as I like to say, that's a blog for another day. For now, I am focusing on a new stage with my precious baby girl who is now a big girl.

No comments: