Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shining Star

This week, Aidan has been attending Vacation Bible School. He has loved it! He came home singing songs that they have been practicing all week. Last night was the culmination of all their efforts. It came in the form of a cute little program where all the kids went up on stage to sing their well rehearsed songs. The kindergarteners sang "The Growing Song". At the end of the song and motions, the little cutenesses filed off the stage--except Aidan and Seth (who was waiting for Aidan to go). It was at the end of his singing that he spotted me because I was sitting down from taking pictures. However, he didn't see the rest of the kids leaving--he was too busy waving at his family. So we waved and smiled in return. Then he waved some more and smiled some more. At this point, because everybody else was off the stage, I started pointing sideways for him to look at where he was supposed to be going--so Aidan started mirroring my pointing. Everyone was laughing histerically (myself included)! It was so cute! Then I waved one more time and pointed again. THEN he saw what I was pointing at and continued his trek off stage. So my friend, Jen, who was sitting in front of me turned around to remind me that he was my child. Maybe he does have a little bit of my showoff-ness, after all. He had to get something from me...

No comments: