Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In Sickness and In Health

I love my husband. He really takes care of me. He has always been a hard worker. When I first met him, he worked two jobs and was finishing his last semester of high school (from which he graduated early). We've obviously never starved--even when work was sparse. These last 3 weeks or so, I have been continually battling with sinus infections and eye infections--and now an ear infection, too. One would get better, then another would start, and get better, then spread...you get the point. It has just been unpleasant. Yesterday, I finally made a doctor's appointment. It just wasn't getting better. I really don't have time to be sick. My sweet man took the afternoon off to drive me to the doctor because he was worried about me getting in a wreck because I was dizzy from my ear infection. Isn't that sweet? I just had to give kudos to Brad in a public forum for his sweetness. I love you, Honey!

In other local news...Aidan lost tooth #2 last night. The tooth fairy came to visit again. Aidan feels rich these days--he has a whole $6 to spend! In my effort to get him to go to sleep (and quit chatting) I told him that the tooth fairy will disappear and not leave his money if he opens his eyes and sees her. He was quiet after that until I went to leave the room when I hear a very concerned voice ask,"Mom, what happens if I ACCIDENTALLY see the tooth fairy? Do I still get my dollar?" At that point, I felt bad for scaring him--even if it was just a little bit--and told him that if he accidentally saw the tooth fairy, we would just try again the next night. He felt better and fell right asleep after that. Kids...

No comments: